In season now are beautiful Pears!
There are so many delicious things to make with fresh Pears, we’ve put together a few ideas for you;
- Pear Crumble
- Blend into salad dressing, or serve thinly sliced on a salad
- Vanilla Spiced Pear Butter
- Pear Custard Pie
- Prosciutto wrapped Roasted Pears with Brie and Blue Cheese
- Pulled Pork with Sticky Pears
- Honeyed Pear Teacake
If you’ve got more than a couple of pairs of pears (see what we did there?), why not give this Spiced Pear Jam a go at home!
Perfect for chilly mornings on warm toast to spice up your breakfast time.
Spiced Pear Jam
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Servings: 6 x 250mL jars
- Peeled Pears, 8 cups chopped (about 2.5kgs)
- Sugar, 4 cups
- Ground Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon
- Ground Cloves, 1/4 teaspoon
- 250mL jars, 6 for storage
- Combine all ingredients in a dutch oven.
- Simmer uncovered, for 1.5-2 hours or until thick, stirring occasionally, but increasing frequency as the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle into hot jars, leaving around 5 mm headspace.
- Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.