Zucchini is in season now and full of fresh flavour!
There are so many delicious things to make with freshly harvested Zucchini, we’ve put together a few ideas for you;
- Zucchini Fritters
- Stuffed Zucchini
- Zucchini-Oat Choc Chip Cookies
- Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles!)
- Zucchini Brownies
- Roasted Zucchini
Our favourite is this recipe below;
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs – 1/2 cup
- Parmesan Cheese – 1/2 cup (plus extra for serving)
- Garlic Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Dried Parsley – 1 teaspoon
- Ground Black Pepper – to taste
- Zucchini – 3 whole, sliced
- Eggs – 2 beaten
- Vegetable Oil – 1 cup (for frying)
- Salt – to taste
- Mix breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, garlic powder, parsley and black pepper in a bowl.
- Dip zucchini slices into egg, then press into breadcrumb mixture, shaking off any excess. Place the crumbed zucchini onto a plate while breading the rest. Be mindful not to stack them.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Fry the crumbed zucchini in hot oil in batches until golden brown, about 3 minutes; transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Sprinkle with the extra parmesan cheese and some salt. Serve.