As one of nature‘s most beautiful and delicate plant varieties orchids demand optimal growing conditions. That could explain why avid orchid growers insist on Rocky Point‘s Orchid Mix.
A tried and tested lightweight mix, this quality medium forms the perfect growing environment for all kinds of orchids grown in pots or garden beds.
Orchid Mix is the perfect growing medium for all types of orchids requiring an open and free draining mix. It is ideal for epiphytic and terrestrial orchids such as Cattleyas, Phalaenopsis, Dendrobiums, Oncidiums, and Cymbidiums just to name a few.
AVAILABLE IN: 10 & 30L BAGS
Benefits of Rocky Point Orchid Mix:
- Ideal for both Epiphytic & Terrestrial Orchids
- Added granular wetting agent
- Added trace elements and minerals
- Lightweight long term growing mix
- Used by professional orchid growers
- Prepared and tested under strict conditions, this product is certified to Australian Standards 3743 for a Regular Grade Potting Mix
Where can I use Orchid Mix?
Orchid Mix is suitable for use both indoors and outdoors depending on orchid variety. If you are growing indoors, place orchids in a well ventilated position. Most Orchids enjoy filtered light and periods of shade, however this will vary depending on varieties. Light assists them to flower but if you notice leaves turning yellow then give them more shade.
How do I use Orchid Mix?
As a general rule orchids dislike being over potted, so when selecting your pot choose one that comfortably fits the root system and allows for two year of vegetative growth. Ensure the post has adequate drainage holes and that they are clear of any excess plastic. Rocky Point Orchid Mix is ready to use straight out of the bag, so nothing needs to be added at the time of potting.
Orchids are typically grown in pots, but should you choose to plant out an orchid, then choose a shady well ventilated position away from the hot sun. Using Rocky Point Orchid Mix, make a mould to plant your orchid into.
- Take the plant out of the old pot and remove any old mix/media and soft dead roots.
- Place a small amount of Orchid Mix in the base of the pot and position the orchid in the centre.
- Take small amounts of Orchid Mix at a time and work it in between the roots placing it carefully with our fingers whilst tapping the side of the pot.
- Fill around the edges to within 10 mm of the top of the pot with the mix and press down gently.
- Lightly water and place in a well ventilated location.
Information for retailers:
|Bag Size||Bag Weight||Bag Per Pallet||Ordering Code||Barcode|
|30L||15kg||78 bags||2-RP-ORC-30||9 338456 000741|