Rocky Point was proud to sponsor the SU QLD school chaplaincy trek through Australia’s rugged Red Centre from July 22-28.
Support received helps make it possible for the vital work of school chaplaincy to continue for our most vulnerable young people.
- 47% of students supported by a chaplain are considered at-risk (e.g. in care of the Dept. of Child Safety, Indigenous, specials needs, refugee)
- 12% of all conversations children have with chaplains are around bullying and harassment
- 8% of all conversations are focused on family breakdown and parental separation
- In 2018, SU QLD school chaplains delivered 40 at-risk programs for hundreds of young Queenslanders in need.
- Watch some of the messages from the Journey participants on top of Mount Sonder NT.