A colourful favourite in the garden, Beetroot is in season and ready to harvest now!
There are so many things you can do with ruby-red beets, here are some of our favourites;
- Beet & Bean Burgers
- Beetroor & Walnut Salad
- Beetroot & Goats Cheese Pizza
- Pickled Beetroot
- Beetroot Chutney
- Beetroot Couscous
- Carrot, Beetroot, Apple & Celery Juice
- Beetroot & Carrot Soup
- Beetroot & Chocolate Cupcakes
Our pick of the bunch however, is this scrumptious Roasted Beet Hummus! Ready in just over an hour and a half, and perfect for your next grazing table!
Roasted Beet Hummus
- 1 small beet
- 1 x 425g can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 large lemon (zested)
- 1/2 large lemon (juiced)
- 1 pinch each of salt and black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic (minced)
- 30g tahini
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 190 degrees C, remove the stem and most of the root from the beet, scrub and wash underwater until clean.
- Lay beet in foil, drizzle on a bit of olive oil and wrap tightly. Roast for one hour or until tender and a knife inserted falls out without resistance. Allow to cool
- Once beet has cooled, peel and quarter it, then placing into a food processor. Blend until only small bits remain.
- Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth
- Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice, or olive oil if needed. If too thick, add a dash of water.