Making your garden greener, Kale is in season and ready to harvest now!
This superfood makes for a tasty treat and is quite a versatile vegetable. You can make a number of goodies, but here are just some suggestions;
- Spicy Sausage, Kale & Goat Cheese Pizza,
- Steak with Kale & White Bean Mash,
- Potato-Kale Soup with Crispy Chorizo,
- Kale Caesar Pasta Salad,
- Kale Pesto,
- Italian Sausage with Grilled Broccolini, Kale & Lemon,
- Kale & Cucumber Salad with Roasted Ginger Dressing,
- Avocado, Kale, Pineapple & Coconut Smoothie.
However if we have to pick just one, it would be these super simple but super delicious Baked Kale Chips!
Baked Kale Chips
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat an over to 175 degrees C
- Line a non-insulated baking tray
- With a knife or kitchen scissors, carefully remove the Kale leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces.
- Wash and thoroughly dry kale using a salad spinner. Lay the Kale out on the baking tray
- Drizzle the Kale with olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Bake until edges brown but are not burnt (approx. 10-15 minutes)